In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: Advice. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|If I were…||If I were you, I would travel around the world.|
|My advice is…||My advice is to exercise every day.|
|I think you should…||I think you should study more.|
|How about…?||How about making dinner together?|
|Why don’t…?||Why don’t you go out with your friends?|
|You should…||You should try the chicken.|
|… works for me.||Taking notes works for me.|
|You better…||You better say you are sorry.|
|In that case, I would…||In that case, I would call the doctor.|
|Make sure you…||Make sure you set your alarm.|
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- I want to quit smoking. What should I do?
- I won the lottery. What should I do?
- I want to lose at least 15kg. What should I do?
- I found a wallet with $5,000 in it. Should I spend it?
- I hate working. What should I do?
- I feel sad. What should I do?
- I had a big fight with my best friend. What should I do?
- I am always late. What should I do?
- I keep losing my car key. What should I do?
- My boyfriend always wants to be with me. What should I do?